Video #53 | September 13, 2018
In this video I’m going to introduce you to what might be the best vegan restaurant in Bangkok; Broccoli Revolution.
Click on the following link to check out more Bars and Restaurants in Bangkok.
#VIDEO TRANSCRIPT – BEST VEGAN RESTAURANT IN BANGKOK#
Welcome to the fifty-second video of Bangkok Unmasked! The YouTube channel that helps you get the most out of your visit to Bangkok city! If you’re new here, please consider subscribing! In this video I’m going to introduce you to what might be the best vegan restaurant in Bangkok; Broccoli Revolution.
Let’s get started.
Whole food plant-based diet
I’m a newbie to the whole vegan thing. Frankly, I don’t much care for the term ‘vegan diet’ and prefer to use the term ‘whole food plant-based diet’. There are a lot of fat unhealthy vegans out there as products like Oreos, chocolate flavor topping, many varieties of freeze dried ramen and Pepsi are all vegan-friendly. They’re poison, but vegan-friendly nonetheless.
My eyes were opened a couple of months ago by the Kip Andersen documentary ‘What The Health‘. This led me to ‘Cowspiracy‘, ‘Forks Over Knives‘ and ‘HOPE What You Eat Matters‘. From there I binge-watched YouTube channels like; ‘The Real Truth About Health‘, ‘Plant Based News‘ ‘VegSource‘ and more. Once you get started looking into the subject of a whole food plant-based diet, to say that it’s like falling down the rabbit hole is something of an understatement.
As of now I’m close to 6 weeks of a whole food plant based diet and have lost 12kg. Not only that, I feel both physically, spiritually and emotionally better.
Some background into Broccoli Revolution
So…Broccoli Revolution. Possibly the best vegan restaurant in Bangkok. Last Sunday I wanted to go out for a meal. I did some Googling using the search terms; ‘vegan restaurants in Bangkok’ and ‘vegan restaurant Bangkok’. Broccoli Revolution seemed to get some of the best reviews, so off I went! It’s great. I have to mention that it’s not cheap, but the food is spectacular. Incredibly tasty, well presented and if nothing else should give you lots of ideas for food preparation at home.
Broccoli Revolution positions itself as follows; “We are a modern Vegan restaurant and cold-pressed juice bar. Our goal is to achieve a balance by providing customers with healthier choices consisting of organic vegetables and fruits. Our vegetables are organic meaning they were not grown with any pesticides, they are also locally grown. Whether you are a strict Vegan/Vegetarian or just want to develop a healthier lifestyle by adding organic vegetables and fruits to your diet we hope to help you achieve that. Come and join the Broccoli Revolution!”
The founder and General Manager is Naya Ehrlich-Adam. From what I have read, Broccoli Revolution has restaurants across Southeast Asia, including Vietnam and Myanmar. Their health-conscious focus targets the growing awareness of the importance of eating well and of the principles of Buddhism.
The grand-plan for Broccoli Revolution is to become a social space for like-minded people. I love this idea and noticed straight away that this restaurant is an excellent place for people watching!
Thankfully, the restaurant is easy to find. It’s literally on the corner of Sukhumvit 49 and Sukhumvit Road. To get there is a 5 minute-walk from Thonglor BTS station (Exit 2), or a 15 minute-walk from Phrom Pong BTS station.
What we ordered at Broccoli Revolution
We ordered the following dishes.
- Baya Kyaw. (Myanmar split-pea fritters).
- Veggie Balls. (Crispy breaded broccoli, quinoa and beetroot balls served with home-made soy yogurt dip).
- Quesadilla. (Grilled whole wheat tortilla filled with spiced tofu, guacamole and salsa).
- Spaghetti Al Pesto. (Whole-wheat spaghetti Al Pesto). Note the base of the sauce was clearly avacado.
- Spicy cauliflower buffalo wings with a fantastic creamy dip. Note. The dip was almost certainly cashew nut based. It was creamy and little tart.
There’s a link to the menu in the description section of this video. It doesn’t seem to include everything, but it’ll give you a solid idea of exactly what you can expect!
Next time I’m at Broccoli Revolution I’ll definitely be ordering the quinoa burger with broccoli puree and mango salsa on a charcoal bun. It looks amazing and is apparently their top seller!
10 reasons why I love Broccoli Revolution
In no particular order.
- You order food at the counter.
- All the dishes have pictures so if you don’t know the dish you want by name, the pictures will guide you!
- The staff all seem to speak English, and really know their stuff. Their recommendation of the Baya Kyaw was exactly what we wanted; we wouldn’t have ordered this dish without them suggesting it. This is a hallmark of any restaurant that wants to carry the moniker of best vegan restaurant in Bangkok.
- They don’t carry straws. What they do have is straws made from morning glory. I didn’t use one, but what a great idea!
- To wash your meal down you can drink as much of the, self-service, free infused water as you like. When we were there 2 waters were available; one infused with oranges and other citrus fruits, and another infused with apples and other green items.
- There’s a great selection of organic cold-pressed juices and vegan smoothies.
- There are also vegan ice creams and a decent selection of cakes. For those with a sweet tooth! I really wanted to try one of the cakes but was so stuffed and satisfied I just couldn’t take another bite.
- They sell craft beers and wines if you want a drink to go alongside your meal. Very civilized!
- The second floor is an informal art gallery. Very cool!
- After a meal here you won’t feel sickly full. You’ll feel light, satisfied and most importantly happy!
Serving times and address
Broccoli Revolution is open the following hours.
Monday – Friday. 9 AM to 10 PM.
Saturday and Sunday. 7 AM to 10PM.
The address, should you need it, is:
899 Sukhumvit Road, Klongton-nua. 10110. Bangkok.
Anyway, that’s it for this video. Expect a new video next week.
For all you techies out there, this video was shot on a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and edited using HitFilm Express.
To check out details on arranging a bespoke Bangkok tour with experienced tour guides, please click on the link in this video’s description section.
Finally, please don’t forget to subscribe to this channel through the button below! Also, I’d like to hear from you if you have any questions or comments regarding the best vegan restaurant in Bangkok. Maybe you know some better restaurants that I should check out? I’d welcome any/all suggestions for the best vegan restaurant in Bangkok! Please do reach out to me through the comments section of this video!
Thank you very much for watching. I’ll see you next week. Goodbye.
You must log in to post a comment.